I hope you would agree with me that life isn’t all about stock market investing or for that matter just about money. Making money is only a means to a greater end i.e. living a happy life.
It’s true that for many people stock market investing is a passion and they don’t do it just for money. However, it circles back to the logic that the activity of investing in stock market makes them happy. So investing is just a tool to achieve something more important – personal happiness.
The age old wisdom suggests that happiness is brought about by the right balance of financial, mental, physical and spiritual health. What financial abundance does is that it gives you an option to stop worrying about money all the time and focus your energy towards other happiness factors.
Another very important factor that brings satisfaction in life is the realization that you can make a difference.
Steve Jobs said –
“When you grow up, you tend to get told that the world is the way it is and your life is just to live inside the world….try to have a nice family…save a little money. That’s a very limited life. Life can be much broader …and you can change it, you can influence it..The minute that you understand that you can poke life and actually something will, you know if you push in, something will pop out the other side, that you can change it, you can mold it. That’s maybe the most important thing….Once you learn that, you’ll never be the same again.”
We at Safal Niveshak believe in poking life. Investing is just another avenue, a tool if you will, to make a difference.
So here’s the collection of our thoughts on experiments in life outside of investing.
- The Limits of Numbers in Life and Investing
- Two Monks and One Big Lesson in Life and Investing
- One Important Reminder
- One Powerful Success Secret from Ben Franklin that Changed My Life
- How NOT to Teach Your Children about Money (A Personal Experiment)
- 5 Ways to Create Luck in Investing and Life
- 100 Ideas on Living with Courage, Wisdom, and Peace (Special E-Book)
- Why Good People Do Bad Things: A Conversation With My Daughter
- 5 Things I Learned from Elon Musk on Life, Business and Investing
- My Most Powerful Tool for Thinking and Decision Making
- Announcing: The Safal Niveshak Education Scholarship
- A Yogi's Rules on Money and Happiness
- How I Multiplied My Income 2.5x, Savings 5x, and Happiness 20x (After Quitting My Job)
- My 2014 Wish for You - Be Miserable
- My Ode to A Great Teacher
- 10 Simple Rules that Brought Me Financial Nirvana
- One Small Step Can Change Your Life
- I Invest, So That I Live Like a Man…Not a Donkey, Dog or Monkey
- Life & Money Lessons from Kantilal