Let’s Start with Safal Niveshak
Just in case you missed any of this on Safal Niveshak over the last few days and weeks…
- My 15 rules of sensible stock market investing. Please don’t follow any of my advice you read in this post. This is what I do and follow myself, and it works for me.
- Launched a special page on the website – Ask Vishal – where you can seek answers to your investing and related questions. 100+ new members already joined on Day 1, and around 30 questions got asked.
- I am hearing a lot of financial experts outlining their strategies for the Indian stock market post the election results on 16th May. Some things are indeed useless!
- If money worries keep you awake at night, you must read this.
- Opened registrations for my Art of Investing Workshop in Mumbai (1st June) and New Delhi (8th June). If you wish to attend, please register here.
If the thought of losing money in the stock market keeps you awake at nights, here is something very important for you that I read in Peter Lynch’s Beating the Street…
The key to making money in stocks is not to get scared out of them. This point cannot be overemphasized. Every year finds a spate of books on how to pick stocks or find the winning mutual fund. But all this good information is useless without the willpower.
In dieting and in stocks, it is the gut and not the head that determines the results.
Stimulate Your Mind
Here’s some amazing content I read during the week gone by…
- Read Alex Bossert’s complete notes from Berkshire Hathaway’s 2014 annual meeting.
- Jana Vembunarayanan, a Safal Niveshak tribesman, visited Buffett’s meeting for second year in a row. Here is an account of his wonderful experience.
- Now this is interesting! Here is a case someone has made for never going to Buffett’s meeting. 🙂
- A Franklin Templeton investor survey reveals that investors in India – from among their peers in 22 countries – are the most optimistic about prospects for their local market. Time to run out of the exits?
- If you, like me, hold a master’s degree in procrastination, you must read Dan Ariely’s post on the high cost you pay for this habit of delaying things.
- Here are a dozen things I have learned from Jeff Bezos.
- Finally, here are 18 things you’ll never hear a money manager say.
Stop pursuing success. Attract it now.
And please, never ever-ever, ever-ever give up.
It’s already hot out there, so be kind to others, and to yourself.
Chief Poker – Poke the Box