It took the world by surprise when Warren Buffett announced that he’d be donating all his personal wealth to Bill Gates foundation. Till then people imagined Buffett and Gates as two fierce businessmen trying to outdo each other for the top spot on the Forbes list of billionaires. Bill Gates has dominated that list for a good part of last 25 years. Buffett has also remained in top five for the same period.
So Buffett’s decision came out as a shocking announcement. However, very few people knew that Warren Buffett and Bill Gates had been very close friends since 1991. They watch movies, go on family vacations and play bridge together.
In 1996, Bill Gates wrote about an incidence when Buffett invited him to play a game of rolling dice. He showed a set of four dice to Gates and proposed that both of them choose once die each from the set and discard the remaining two. Then whoever rolls a higher number most often would be the winner.
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 6,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years