If you are really interested, here are 10 things about me…
- Was born when Sensex was 100. Writing this after Sensex has returned 16% CAGR over 34 years.
- Got an MBA in Finance (unfortunately!) and then ran the rat race for eight ‘long’ years while working as a stock market analyst for India’s leading independent research firm. Quit the rat race in 2011 to live the life of a free bird. Has 15+ years experience as an investor.
- Believes strongly in minimalism, power of compounding and margin of safety.
- Best advice ever received – “Three qualities for success: integrity, intelligence, and energy. If you don’t have the first, the other two will kill you.”
- Best investing lesson – “Read The Intelligent Investor, then re-read it.”
- Believes that if aliens landed on Earth and examined the workings of our stock markets and the behavior of brokers, analysts and experts, they would no doubt question the intelligence of the planet’s inhabitants.
- Spends 75% of waking time reading, researching and writing. Earns his living by writing and teaching.
- Wishes to leave the world a much better place than it is now.
- Would gladly quit writing, teaching, and investing to be able to live like this.