Here is the detailed curriculum of The Safal Niveshak Mastermind Value Investing Course –
Module 1 – Introduction to Value Investing
Learn the core rules of Value Investing, how these have evolved over the years from Graham to Buffett, and whether these work for a small investor.
- Value investing principles and premises
- Being a value investor
- Is value investing really profitable
- Key tenets of Benjamin Graham
- Value investing – From Graham to Buffett
- Most important things in investing
Module 2 – Investing & Human Behaviour
Learn the psychology of investing and how you can go about creating the right mindset and a latticework of mental models to become a successful value investor.
- Creating a value investor’s mindset
- Psychology of investing
- Building a latticework of mental models
- How to think about the stock market
Module 3 – How to Generate Ideas
Understand how to build your circle of competence and identify quality businesses by reading through their annual reports and financial statements.
- How to build your circle of competence
- How to analyze any industry
- How to generate stock ideas
- How to read an annual report
- Analysis of financial statements (Balance sheet, Income statement, Cash flow statement)
- Analyzing key ratio
- Financial shenanigans
Module 4 – Building the Case
Learn how to find businesses that will stand the test of time. Also understand what separates good managements from financial engineers.
- Understanding competitive moats
- Key numbers in analyzing moats
- Differentiate between great and gruesome business
- Assessing the quality of management
- Key sins of analyzing businesses
Module 5 – Valuations – Challenging Mr. Market
Understand what value really means and how to calculate it using several time-tested methods.
- Understanding value
- Key valuation methods
- Discounted cash flow valuation
- Dhandho valuation framework
- Expected returns valuation model
- Relative valuation methods
- Understanding margin of safety
Module 6 – Making Decisions
Learn how to deal with risk and uncertainty, the importance of process vs. outcome, and how to construct a portfolio of quality stocks.
- Power of investing checklists
- Constructing a stock portfolio
- Concentration vs. diversification
Module 7 – Endgame
Give finishing touches to your investment philosophy, learn the immutable laws of investing, and also the deadly sins you must avoid at all cost.
- Creating a sound investment philosophy
- Immutable laws of investing
- Deadly sins of investing
- Go, compound!