1. What is the idea behind Safal Niveshak?
Safal Niveshak exists to educate and enrich individual investors into making sensible and independent stock market investment decisions. The idea is to challenge the illusions and misconceptions put forth by brokers, business channels and other self-proclaimed experts that have lent a bad hand to small investors in the past.
Safal Niveshak believes that:
- You alone are the most capable person alive to manage your money.
- Investing in the stock markets is not a rocket science. You just need to form the right habits, and behave yourself.
- Being smart about your money can be a lot of fun (I really mean it!)
- You can create a lot of wealth for yourself doing it.
2. What is your background and experience in stock markets and investing?
My name is Vishal Khandelwal, and I am the founder of Safal Niveshak. I have a Masters in Management Studies from the University, and am also a trained writer from American Writers & Artists Inc.
I have eight years of experience in researching Indian stocks and have closely tracked the Indian stock markets. I last worked as a Sr. Analyst with India’s leading independent stock market research company, which I quit in April 2011, after working there for eight years.
Over these years, I have travelled across India to meet companies and their managements, see what they do and how they do it, and to get first hand impressions on what separates good companies from the bad ones. I have a fairly good track record in recommending profit-making stock opportunities to investors during my role as an analyst.
I founded Safal Niveshak in April 2011.
Read more about me.
3. Why should I read what you write? What’s in it for me?
Many investment experts and financial websites make outrageous promises of untold riches to their readers and clients. I won’t promise you anything like that. But here is what I believe I can realistically promise you.
Just spend 30 minutes per week with me on Safal Niveshak, and I promise you that one year from now:
- You will become much more sensible on how to manage your own money.
- You will get on the path to creating tremendous wealth for yourself (and by yourself).
- You will know how to go about identifying the right kind of stocks from the minefield called stock markets.
- You will have developed your own logical set of personal investing strategies.
- You will have learned disciplines that help you through all types of markets.
All this sounds a lot. Right? But to be very frank, I have no magic tricks to help you become rich from stock markets. What I have are just some simple ideas that can make you a better investor in the long run. And I promise to share it all with you here at Safal Niveshak.
4. How do I subscribe to Safal Niveshak’s free articles?
Enter your email in the subscription box provided on the top-right hand side of the home page of www.safalniveshak.com (the box titled – FREE Updates). Then go to your email account – for the email address that you provide in this box – and confirm your subscription.
The reason for this second step – of confirming the subscription by going to your email inbox – is to confirm to the email service provider that emails from Safal Niveshak aren’t spams.
Click the link in the email that you receive from us after entering your email in the subscription box, and get on to receive all free updates – on stock markets, investing, and the economy – straight into your inbox.
You can also sign up for our free updates by simply entering your email address below:
5. How do I send you my questions, comments, and criticisms?
Safal Niveshak isn’t a one-way communication channel. It is an interactive platform, so I’m more than willing to tackle your investing questions. I will also appreciate your comments on my work, and your constructive criticism that could help me make my offerings even better for you.
To pass on your message to me, just visit the Contact page and fill in the contact form. I’ll respond as quickly as possible.
Not finding your question here? Read till the end to find out. If it’s still not there, send it to me using the Contact form! I will be happy to answer it as soon as possible.
6. How do I contribute to Safal Niveshak’s efforts?
I aim to build Safal Niveshak as a tribe of sensible and independent investors. And there’s no doubt that this won’t be possible without your contribution. There are a couple of ways you can contribute to the website and tribe-building:
- If you have the knack of writing on investment related matters that you think can be in line with what I do at Safal Niveshak, send in your idea/article without hesitation. If I find it appropriate for the tribe of Safal Niveshak readers, I will be glad to include it and also pass on the entire credit to you.
- Comments, feedback, questions, and criticisms on what I offer.
7. Is Safal Niveshak an investment advisory?
No! Safal Niveshak doesn’t advise or recommend stocks. It’s purely a platform to share my experiments with the (investing) truth so that you benefit from my wide experience in investing, and researching Indian stocks.
Over the eight years I have seen the Indian stock markets from close quarters, I have been pained by the disastrous investment results experienced by great numbers of small, undisciplined investors. Through Safal Niveshak, if I can persuade just a few of them to avoid dangerous investment practices and adopt sound ones that are designed to preserve and maintain their hard-earned capital, my mission will be accomplished.
8. I have some stocks in my portfolio. Can Safal Niveshak help me in identifying which ones should I hold and which ones should I sell?
Sorry, but Safal Niveshak does not provide an equity portfolio review service. We are not into the business of recommending stocks, and as such won’t be able to help you take decisions with respect to your current or future portfolio.
9. I am very new to the stock markets. Where do I begin?
You can start by taking the free 20-lesson course – Value Investing for Smart People – which will cover some key topics that you need to know to become a stock market investor.
Apart from this, you can subscribe (for free) to all the posts that I write on Safal Niveshak. Read the answer to Question No. 4 on how you can subscribe, or simply enter your email address below:
If you have a question of your own on the Safal Niveshak initiative, send it to me using the Contact form. I will be happy to answer it as soon as possible.