Saurabh Madaan is a Silicon Valley-based investor and a Senior Data Scientist at Google. He is well-known in the investing world for his more than 30 interviews with the world’s best investors through Talks@Google investing series.
Saurabh also teaches an award-winning Leadership and Teamwork course at Google, has previously addressed the global One Young World Summit to talk about leadership and education, with the likes of Richard Branson and Muhammad Yunus. Saurabh holds a B. Tech from IIT Madras (2006), MS in engineering from the University of Pennsylvania (2008), and MS in Physics from the University of Waterloo (2010). He was Literary Secretary and editor at IIT Madras, and the recipient of graduate scholarships at both Penn and Waterloo.
Over to Saurabh!
Safal Niveshak (SN): Please share about your background in education and what work do you do at Google?
Saurabh Madaan (SM): I grew up in Amritsar, India. I studied there before going to IIT Madras where I did material science and engineering. Then I got a scholarship to study masters in engineering at the University of Pennsylvania in the US. I had always wanted to study Physics, and did another masters in Physics (University of Waterloo) before I started working at Google.
Currently, I work as a Senior Data Scientist at Google. There is rich statistics and machine learning behind Google’s search and ads. My team focuses on the latter. My day job involves simulations, predictive models and business strategy. I am constantly thinking of risk and probabilities, concepts which also translate well in to investing.
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years