Gaurav did his BTech from IIT Delhi and completed his MBA from IIM Calcutta in 1999. He started his career at KPMG’s Corporate Finance division and since then has worked at Wipro BPO, Keane Consulting, WNS Global Services and Asian Oilfield Services Ltd. In 2006, he quit his job to become a full-time investor.
He has over twenty-one years of experience in investing, M&A, investment banking and financial consulting. Currently, he is managing partner at Kanav Capital and runs his family office. His investing focus is in listed small and mid-sized Indian companies. He also works on event-based arbitrage situations. He lives in Gurgaon with his wife and two kids.
In this interview, Gaurav shares his thoughts on investing, his process, and the key lessons he has learned over more than a decade of being an investor.
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 6,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years