Richard Branson is a British business magnate, investor, author, and philanthropist. He’s the founder of the Virgin Group, which controls more than 400 companies.
When someone asked Branson how to be a millionaire, he replied, “Start with a billion dollars and invest in an Airline.”
Vijay Mallya would probably be questioning Branson, “Aisa tha to pehle kyun nahi bataya?” (translation: why didn’t you tell me this earlier?)
So that’s the first way to go from riches to rags — buy an airline. Now, I don’t know of a way to verify if Branson actually said that. So let me tell you another story which is true, verifiable, and recent.
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 6,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years