From health risks to financial decisions, it’s often hard to make decisions because the statistics are usually presented to us by experts who misinterpret the data themselves. This remarkably intelligent book simplifies the world of probability, risk, and uncertainty. Plus, the book contains many simple (but powerful) rules to avoid the grave consequences of risk illiteracy.
Stories lie but numbers don’t, goes the adage. However, evolution has wired the human brain in such a way that our neural machinery isn’t optimized to have an intuitive feeling for numbers. As a result, numbers mislead us. Sometimes in shocking ways.
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years