Today, anyone can be in business. You can do it without working miserable 80-hour weeks or depleting your life savings. That’s because tools that used to be out of reach are now easily accessible. Rework is about a new paradigm for anyone who’s ever dreamed of building something.
This is one book which can prove to be risky for you especially if you’re into a job and contemplating doing something of your own. I personally know few people who got so inspired from the book Rework by Jason Fried and David Hansson, that they actually quit their job. So before saying anything, let me issue this warning – read this book at your own risk. And let me also tell you this – ignore the book at your peril.
The authors are people who run one of the most unconventional software company in the world – 37signals – known for their innovative products. It’s a company which has only sixteen employees who almost never see each other and are spread across 8 cities on two continents. And for the information of techies who are reading this, David Hansson is the creator of Ruby on Rails, an open-source web framework on which hundreds of thousands of web applications have been built – including Twitter.
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 6,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years