What does the future look like for an eighteen-year-old student who finds himself on a hospital bed wrapped up in bandages? My guess is that life careening off course would have been the least of concerns when he was fighting for his life.
In his senior year of high school, Dan was an active member of an Israeli youth movement. On a Friday afternoon, while preparing fireworks for a traditional nighttime ceremony, a large magnesium flare accidentally exploded near him causing third-degree burns over 70 percent of his body.
The next three years found me wrapped in bandages in a hospital, recalls Dan, “and then emerging into public only occasionally, dressed in a tight synthetic suit and mask that made me look like a crooked version of Spiderman.”
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 6,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years